Work-Life IntegrationRural Radical Tip #3
Work – Life Integration
The world is crazy – Go, Hustle, Achieve, Succeed, Be Busy, Grind. And on, and on, and on. There is no such thing in my world as “work-life balance,” but there is work-life integration. I focus on spending time doing the things I love, with the people I love, and cutting out the things that don’t bring me joy.
Radical Change Tool –
Tips for Work-Life Integration
- Don’t expect everything to be perfect.
- You will have days where work takes over, and days where you feel like you’re not working enough. Enjoy the days you can spend with your family and friends, without stressing and feeling guilt about work.
- Keep things in perspective.
- If you’re self-employed, your work to-do list is never-ending, because we never leave work. There are times when you HAVE to complete items by a certain deadline. Then, there are times you CAN work on things, but they can wait. It can be hard to find the balance – I struggle with this often – but it’s important to give yourself a break!
- Cut out what’s not serving you.
- If you’re anything like me, you wear being busy as a badge of honor (this is something I’m working on!). You join clubs, volunteer on committees, sit on boards, etc. It’s great to be involved in your community, but it’s not great to spread yourself too thin in this pursuit. Take a look at your calendar. What is serving you? Do you LOVE serving on your local community event committee, but hate serving on a business board? CUT OUT what’s not serving you! You don’t want to be so busy that you can’t do a good job at, well, your job! Be great at one or a few things, not just present for several things.
- Do more of what you love
- Spending your days doing what you love will truly make your days not only more enjoyable, but you will be able to find joy in all the little things. I’m blessed with my career that I can be out meeting with people, my husband can be with me and my dog can be in the back seat of my car. Those days, in the craziness of every day, make the bad days less bad. Finding little ways to enjoy every day will make a huge difference!
Get free market quotes on your home. Find out first steps to buying a home. Ask questions.
I'm here to help!